Due to a positive response to this position, we have paused receipt of applications at this time. Thank you for your interest.
NAMPA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
This position serves as the initial point of contact for the Nampa Chamber of Commerce. They are responsible to greet walk-in guests, answer phones, and manage general office support. This position also assists with events and provides support to the CEO and membership, as needed. As the first point of contact, this position must perform with the utmost professionalism in appearance and conduct, and maintain confidentiality at all times. This position functions under direct supervision of the Pres. /CEO and has some latitude for independent direction in duties.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the overall office environment.
- Provide excellent customer support.
- Ensure the office is open at 8:30 a.m. and closed at 5:00 p.m. each business day.
- Manage multi-line phone and message system and welcome all visitors.
- Manage mail needs for the office; including distribution of incoming mail in a confidential and prompt manner and postage needs.
- Ensure the office common areas are maintained and ready for meetings and guests throughout the day.
- Maintain inventory, order and stock office and kitchen supplies.
- Receive and process Certificate of Origins
- Create and distribute the weekly enews
- Send out event invitations
- Work closely with the Dir. Of Operation on event invitation creation and distribution
- Manage RSVP lists for luncheon
- Process credit card payments
- Luncheon & special event attendee set up, processing and reconciling
- Assemble and format event materials and more
- Utilize ChamberMaster CMS
- Serve as Ambassador liaison with the Ambassador Committee Chair and committee members.
SOCIAL MEDIA / WEB
- Assist with Social Media postings as needed.
- Provide support for web and email marketing (event invitations / enews support)
The duties expressed above are not intended to detail all responsibilities. This position will perform other duties as identified.
Three (5) years minimum experience in a similar position. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Degree or additional training is preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-thru
- Knowledge of office equipment and support functions including word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception and researching, compiling, summarizing data for reports, and database management.
- Strong computer skills including advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher are a must.
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional relationships with customers and staff while providing high levels of service by responding to issues, requests or concerns in a timely manner.
- Ability to successfully function as a team player while engaging in self-directed resourcefulness.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in professionalism, professional communication, a high degree of integrity, and willingness to do the right thing in difficult situations.
- Demonstrate composure, cool under pressure, doesn’t become defensive or irritated in challenging situations; is considered mature; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 25 pounds, and to work in an office or outside environment that may require exposure to weather and walking, bending, stooping and requires sitting for long periods of time. It is the responsibility of employee to ask for assistance (if needed) with lifting or carrying objects.
- The environment is a standard office setting
- Support during specific events will require presence at the event location.
- The job may require work outside normal office hours on occasion as needed when workload or events demand.
To apply online, click here.
Nampa Chamber of Commerce
315 11th Ave. S. ∙ Nampa, ID 83651
208-466-4641 ∙ nampa.com